In last weekend, I watched two delightful movies in big screen. I fancy saying "I watch only English movies (or even Korean movies), but not Tamil movies as Tamil Movies always suck". But these two movies are exceptions. They are must watch for any movie fans. These movies gave me some hope back to watch Tamil movies.
What a delightful movie! No build-ups, no punch dialogues, no stupid junk fights, no usage of songs to show vulgar content, no irrelevant attempt-humor, etc. This movie is devoid of all the bull shit things I hate about Tamil movies. Plus, it has Kamal in his best! But if anyone fancies saying "The original movie was much better... this movie is not upto the mark... etc." they may sulk after this movie. If you are not among them, you will definitely enjoy the movie.
Thing(s) that made me like the movie:
- Great acting from Kamal and Mohal.
- The two police characters. Never seen such real majestic looking police men in movies (and in real life also :) )
- Mild humor in the middle of the serious movie. (it may irritate critics who will say 'it was not needed and was forcibly injected')
- Simple and very fast screenplay.
- Devoid of bull shits.
- Why Kamal planted fake bags when he could have simply told the police? One original bag would have been enough. It was forcibly shown for the audience to feel the pressure which was a bit unsatisfying.
- In the starting Mohan Lal addressing Kamal without respect as though Kamal had screwed his life, though at the end he addressed him with respect. It was also illogically shown for the audience to feel pressure. A little bit unsatisfying.
A good movie, though had some bull shits, over all, it was delight to watch the movie. I wished at least in this horror movie, the spirit is sensible and logical (you may ask, "when you accept ghosts themselves as logical, why in the dash you want logic?"), but the ghost failed there. Even though there are a lot of things which made me frown, this movie is far far better than many other junk movies. I wish everyone who reads this post watch this movie also in a big screen (not in your 40" LCD TV, but in theater)
Things which I liked about this movie:
- Sindhu Menon :) for her acting
- Saranya Mohan for her acting
- Sindhu Menon and Saranya Mohan for their beauty
- Camera! The way the water comes was pictured in an awesome way, for one instance!
- The Mazhaiye Mazhaiye song and the intense romance between the characters... hmm... simply awesome (it has been long time since a song showed such genuine pure intense romance, IMHO)
- How, there are so many AH in the world who ruin innocent people life, is explained.
- And the most important thing: The moral of the movie :). Past is past and what you can expect most is a trustful present and future.
- Again, no vulgar in the name of songs. I was so happy that they had not ruined the decency of the movie with a R rated dash song. (IMHO, if a director wants to give a decent movie, they should not have an item song. A very good family movie having an item song is like having a full meals with so many varieties of food items and then serving a bit of shit in the corner of the plantain leaf. In case of Kandhasaamy, since the whole movie was shit, I wont complain too much about it)
- The problem with all the spirits that had come in the entire history of movies. They are senseless, stupid and illogical. When they can control everyone and everything why don't they directly go and hunt the main target??? :(
- Why didn't the spirit help her sister when being molested? Why didn't that stupid spirit didn't come and help the police till he was pierced in one foot by a spear?
- An ordinary business man fighting with a AC (of height 6.5 feet) and then winning the fight.
- An ordinary business man becoming like a serial killer. The character was inconsistent.
- And other minor things which can be easily forgiven and forgotten.
If you haven't watched any of these movies, I highly recommend that you watch them, both, in theater. If your opinion is different, please do share it via comments. If you have already watched these movies and enjoyed it, you can share your experience!