Friday, October 10, 2008

Anger Management - Laughter Management

I like comedy movies no matter how it makes me laugh and how much it makes me laugh. Due to my friend's recommendation I saw this movie, Anger Management. I can't say that you have to watch it at any cost, but what I can say is, this is an okay movie you can hang out for at least one time. My second Adam Sandler movie, so I can't compare where does this stand amongst his movies.

David (Adam Sandler) thinks low of himself and he angers himself for the society treating him like a bloody crap. He feels too lowly even to demand the rightful promotion from him boss. He does all the work the boss has to do for years without even asking for his well deserved promotion. He just happens to get messed up in a flight and thus he is put in a twenty hours of Anger Management course by Buddy Rydell (Jack Nicholson), and then his life is completely changed.

Buddy has a definite vengence on Dave and he treats him badly and makes him to have more and more Anger Management classes. He then becomes him 24\7 anger guardian and tortures in every possible way. Buddy then comes to know David's beautiful girl friend Linda (Marisa Tomei) and he then flirts with her. Buddy even makes sure that Dave breaks up with his girl friend.

But David is in such a situation that, if he disobeys Buddy, he will have to spend an year in jail. He obeys every one of his orders. Finally ending up in fighting with his school days enemies, embarrassed by a hooker, threatening his boss for promotion and at last losing his girl friend to that same bloody Buddy.

What Dave does in those situations and whether he gets his girlfriend back or not, is the climax. I have to admit that climax sucked my big time. Why didn't they come up with a better (at least an okay) climax? But this movie gave me some good laughs, especially when Jack Nicholson tries(?) to unfluster Adam Sandlre in the bridge, was too good for me. Click here to watch the trailer and here to see my favourite dialogue. Your comments are most welcome.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good post.

Amudhan said...

@Cecilia:
Thank you for your comment.